Monday, June 3, 2013

The Way it Worked Out.

So the book signing was a wash, no one showed up at all!  Book signings are like that, as I often have told Wade.  They're a crap shoot.  On a warm and sunny day like today, there was hardly anyone in the library.  On a cold, rainy day it might have been different.

As it happens, I sold two books anyhow, one to an optician's assistant during my eye appointment and another to someone at Menards.  I'm supposed to drop another off at the bank tomorrow.

With the extra time I had in Appleton, I stopped in to see Kay at Kiwi Travel.  Kay has always been my agent for overseas trips.  I am thinking of going to Hawaii this coming winter.  She knows me well and understands I don't want to do any tourist stuff, just wander around, avoiding cities. She said Kauai is the island for camping and hiking so we are thinking ahead to that.

And the year after that, another trip to New Zealand.  I still want to see the fjords and touch on the northern tip of North Island. Gary plans on going with me then.

Tomorrow, it's back to the north woods.  I haven't heard anything from Gary all day.  I expect he has been out on the lake in his canoe.  He'll be coming back to Seymour next to collect the mail and check on the house, leaving me alone in the trailer.  We intend to swap like that for much of the summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment