Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Four to Go

Today I began to map out the October trip to Tennessee. I would like to go to Kentucky and to Ohio to visit friends so that makes it a circular trip. When I looked at possible routes I realized I wouldn't be that far from South Carolina, one of the four states I have yet to tell in. That will be part of the trip.

Then today, Gary suggested that for our winter trip we could go to Hawaii.  Another state down if that works out. And Hawaii in January and February?  What bliss!

So that will leave Delaware and Rhode Island.  Perhaps I can manage to hit both for the summer reading program in 2014.  If everything works out, I'll have reached all fifty states by the time I am seventy.

Meanwhile, there is summer of 2013 to get through.  Tomorrow Gary and I start our camping season by taking the camper to Laura Lake in the Nicolet National Forest. We've agreed to take turns coming back to Seymour to collect mail and check on the house and gardens.  There will be days and nights when I am alone in the camper but it will probably be easier than staying in a tent.

Every two weeks we have to pull up stakes and move to another campground.

I've heard the mosquitoes and ticks will be bad this year, but that usually means that great birding. We'll put on repellent and head out to the swamps.

And of course in July I will be making the circle around Lake Superior going through Upper Michigan, Ontario and Minnesota in sixteen days.

-------------

On Monday, June 3, at 4:00 pm I will be at the Appleton Public Library signing Black Coffee Fiction,  Decades of Love and Other Disasters and Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises and talk about blogging, writing, and storytelling.  I hope to see a big crowd there.


No comments:

Post a Comment