Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Concerning Money

During the night I began to obsess about the 2013 Subaru Outback.  How could I drive such a new car?  Would I wreck it in an accident?  Would I get it scratched when I drove it in the forest?  Gary would want it kept perfect, wouldn't he?

This morning, I came out of the house and there it was in front of me. At sunrise, a robin made a deposit on the driver's door.  That took off a little of the pressure.

By now, I had figured out enough of the controls to follow Gary and his van to Neenah and the Quietwoods RV center to pick up his new camper.  He had never pulled such a big thing behind his van before and he thought it would be a good idea to have me driving backup. In the end, he found out that this camper was even easier to pull than the previous one, which was smaller. 

We took it to the Manzke farm where it will be stored until after Memorial Day when we will take it to the national forest. Bob and Susan came to take a look.  It didn't look that impressive until Gary turned the switches and the extensions went out.  Then they could see how big our living room/kitchen was and how nice my little office will be. Gary suggested we spend a night or two camping on the farm.  

We needed insurance for the car and the camper.  Gary has had his insurance coverage with State Farm for years. I've had my own insurer for 27 years, but when we talked it over we realized that we would have better coverage for less if we bundled our policies.  I suggested that if we were co-mingling our insurance that would be as good as a civil union.  He said "No."

Insurance covered, Gary went back to his camper to begin the preparations he deems necessary and I went back to gardening.  He has to pack every corner with necessary gadgets. I have to pack every inch of my gardens with flowers.  Each to his or her own, I guess. 





No comments:

Post a Comment