Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bargains

The screened tent Gary and I bought for a dollar at a rummage sale yesterday turned out to be perfect for today's rummage sale at Mathom House. My friend Susan, her daughter Rebecca and her husband Andy   couldn't have their sale at the farm because there is so little traffic out in the country.  They felt they would do better in town during the citywide sales and I think they did. At least they went home with less than they came with. I immediately found a blender to replace one I lost years ago. I've been thinking of smoothies of late.  Gary found an electronic photo viewer which is now showing photos of his trailer. I really must find better pictures for it. 
I sat and chatted with Susan and family in the morning but then went off for lunch and a little rummaging with my own family.  But to hold Evan's attention we had to go to one of his favorite places...the library.  My grandson, at eight, is an awesome reader. He is never so happy as with a book.  Unfortunately, he gets up in the middle of the night to read.  One night he stayed up the whole night reading and fell asleep in school.

He had been to the Appleton library earlier this week but couldn't find the books he wanted to read there.  He had better luck at the Muehl Public Library.  He left with about a dozen books.

Later, I went out rummaging again and found two more bargains.  One is an embroidered pants suit, new with the store tags still attached.  I bought it for a dollar. At first, I thought the pants would be too long and I hate shortening clothes. When I brought it home, however, it fit perfectly. It will be perfect for summer parties. I found a set of drawers at another sale. The little dresser will carry my clothes on my way around Lake Superior in July.

When I returned home, Susan, Rebecca and Andy were taking down the sale. They may be back for the fall citywide sale. The tent will be ready whenever they want it.




No comments:

Post a Comment