Monday, April 8, 2013

Posters

For years, I used Microsoft Publisher to make posters for civic events.  Then son Chris brought me a new computer.  It is a wonderful computer but my very old publisher program was not compatible and could not be transferred over. When I checked out prices for a new system, it was more than I could afford.

For a while, I talked friends with such programs into making posters for me. I scanned the results and made copies from the scans.  But I still wanted to make my own posters.

When I was sorting the odds and ends of paper in my supplies, I ran across some stationery, the kind used to print out letters from the computer.  It had an interesting sunset motif. I got an idea.  I worked out what I wanted to say about my book signing in March,  wrote it up and printed it on the stationery.  It made a perfect poster.

I have another signing coming up on April 27, but was out of paper, the fancy kind.  There was none to be found in Seymour.

I met my friend Norma for breakfast in Oshkosh this morning, as I do whenever she comes down from Chicago to visit her sister.  I told her what kind of paper I needed.  She suggested I go to the Goodwill store right down the street.  I tried it and sure enough, there was a pack of the exact paper I needed for two dollars.  

When I came home I set up the poster in exactly ten minutes and made thirty copies. Tomorrow, they'll go up all over town.



I dropped off the first posters at Sissy's and found out that they are running low on Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises.  I have to order another case of them.

Things are going my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment