Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cold

The weather worsens.  The highest temperature today was 15 degrees.  As I write, it has dropped to 5 degrees.  The blinds are down, the drapes pulled across the winter to hold in the heat.  I burn the candles I bought at rummage sales to give me the illusion of comfort. I didn't go anywhere today and won't tomorrow.

I had been stuffing Christmas things in Gary's office so we could organize the cubbyhole logically.  Today, with the weather getting colder and me leaving in a few days, I gave up on that idea.  That storage area is not heated, nor is it cooled in the hottest days of summer.  The only logical time to straighten it out is in the spring.  I threw everything in there willy-nilly.

The big Christmas tree is still in the dining room in two big bags.  That will wait for Gary's return. Dragging the bags upstairs is a two person job.  They are heavy and unwieldy.

I finished the novel and posted it at Create Space. I expect by tomorrow it will be reviewed and posted at Amazon.com.  I'll order a dozen or so copies and send them on to Gary in Illinois to pick up on my way south, to sell at the libraries I visit.

I realized today that I only had two cans of catfood left for his majesty Rascal.  I didn't particularly want to go out in the cold so for supper I made a chicken breast and cut part of it up for him.  That will take us until Tuesday when I have to go out anyhow to go to Copper Rock North for my last meeting with Wade.

By the time I return from the south, Wade will have moved to Arkansas. During our time as writing partners, my output has been enormous.  I hope that I can keep it up long distance.

As I finish writing, the temperature has dropped another two degrees.  Time to turn on the electric blanket to ready the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment