Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good-byes


Today, Wade and I met at Copper Rock North for the last time.  Wade is moving to Arkansas at the end of the month and I am leaving for a tour to the Gulf Coast until the first week of February.  

We've worked together for three years, writing our short stories.  Over two years ago, we started Black Coffee Fiction, our short story blog.  http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com  Its readership has grown dramatically in the past month to 600 readers a week. 

In September of last year, we self-published an e-book and followed that with a paperback, available at Amazon.com   Today, Wade gave me my second royalty check, all of $5.25, but it is a thrill to get paid for our stories. It means we are officially writers. 

So today we met for goodbyes.  Another writer, Felicia, took this photo.  I don't look happy.

I know that we will meet through Skype and that the blog will go on, but that face to face support will not be there for either of us. We must write without that wonderful encouragement we gave to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment