Monday, January 21, 2013

Arctic Air Cat

It's -6 degrees F, with a wind chill of -25.  It made sense to me to stay inside, but then I haven't been in charge of this house since Rascal arrived in 2001.

Poor Rascal. He stuck his nose out the door this morning and retreated in shock. Then he turned to me and yowled. This is obviously my fault.  Fix it!

I opened the drapes on the south side so that Rascal would have his living room sunbeam.  It is his sunbeam, no one else's.He sprawls on the floor and basks in its warmth. Should I walk into through the living room and get between him and the light, I am chastised with another plaintive yowl. I hurry by.  Sometimes I circle around him so as not to disturb him.

When the sunbeam quits, then he insists on lap time. This cut down on my working time, but yowls are yowls.

Then I discovered we were running out of cat food.  I had enough dry food but he expects his canned food, too.  Gary spoiled him by buying expensive brands so I am stuck now.

I roasted a couple of chicken breasts last night.  One for him, one for me.  Yesterday and today, I sliced of pieces for him, but it wasn't good enough.  He wanted his canned food and nothing else would do.  More yowls.

So with the temperature hovering at zero, I got into my car and drove to Family Dollar for Nine Lives.  But they didn't have 9 Lives Mixed Grill.  As cold as it was, I wasn't going to go to another store He will have to do with Super Supper. We'll see tomorrow. It won't be any warmer.

But I know who is in charge so if I have to, I will follow orders.

*****
Today, my paperback romance got final approval from Create Space.  It is already on sale there and soon will be at Amazon.com.  However, I couldn't get my own order in time for me to take copies with me down South.  I'll have them when I get back for a booksigning in February and to sell at workshops.







No comments:

Post a Comment