Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snickerdoodles

The blizzard warnings are dire. The Seymour school district almost never has snow days, but the they have already cancelled schools for tomorrow and it hasn't even began to snow yet.

I am moving ahead with tomorrow night's Solstice party whether anyone comes or not. There is sure to be someone who shows up.  We've been through ice storms, flu seasons, and heavy rains.  Someone always comes anyhow.

It's no big deal for me to get ready since our little family will be celebrating on Monday night. Today I got groceries including a nice sized ham.  I've defrosted a turkey breast. The ham will be baked in the morning and sliced by tomorrow night.  The turkey will be roasted and ready by 6:00 pm. The leftover turkey will go into turkey soup.  Leftover ham will be used for scalloped potatoes, potato soup and bean soup.

Tonight I boiled eggs so I can make deviled eggs at a moment's notice.  I have the table ready.

But the biggest decision was making the snickerdoodles.  They are just about the best cookies ever.  When I got out the ingredients this afternoon, I remembered that I used the last cream of tartar last Christmas. Was that a sign that I should not make cookies?  It's no way to lose weight.  Was the blizzard a sign that snickerdoodles should not be in the picture?

I expressed my doubts on Facebook, but my friends (especially the women) told me to go to the supermarket right away and get that cream of tartar. Gary told me to pray for strength and stay at home.

I made four dozen snickerdoodles.  








No comments:

Post a Comment