Friday, December 7, 2012

Planning for 2013

It's been a happy day.

Yesterday, after weeks of looking, I found the 2013 calendar I wanted, exactly like 2012's.


On the right side is my list of things to accomplish that day. Nineteen check marks is about right. On the left side is where I write my calories during the day.  If there are any specific appointments I need to make, they are noted in the area by the date.

Each morning as I wake up I do the Sudoku puzzle.  By the time I finish it, I've had my first cup of tea, meditated a while on the quote of the day and am ready for the day.

Today I began by marking upcoming trips and performances.  By New Year's Eve, I'll have jotted   birthdays, car maintenance schedules and deadlines down.  Yes, I am pleased with the calendar.

Today was also the day I finished every bit of decorating.  I found strings of lights I didn't remember and put them on the honeysuckle bush outside. I gave up on the fiber optics trees because the rotating disks didn't work. Instead I used the extra lights on them.   I figured out how to use the timers so that the lights go on automatically.

Tonight, I walked the streets of Seymour looking at the lights.  Tomorrow night I'll be out again, but there could be snow which makes Christmas that much lovelier.  Another joy.

Finally, Wade Peterson filed his latest short story, "The Envy of the Neighborhood"  at Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com  When we started the blog, I was writing my "seriously depressing Christmas stories" for people who hate Christmas.  Wade's initial reaction was that I was crazy but then he began to write them himself.  Today's is setting the bar high.  How will I top this one next week?

The funny thing is that although we write these stories, we both love Christmas, the season, the lights, the music, the whole shebang.

In a week, on December 15, we'll be holding our last book signing of the year at Sissy's Treats and Treasures. We hope to see some of our local readers there to talk books, enjoy the charm of Seymour's own coffee shop, and wish us a Merry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment