Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas Cards

I always start addressing Christmas cards the day before Thanksgiving, sometimes even earlier.

Years ago, my neighbor Traci and I started a competition to see who would mail our cards first. In time it only was important that we send each other a card. Traci moved away years ago, but we still carry on the tradition. I mailed her card today.

There was a time when I sent about 75 cards a year. I moved around so much before we lit in Seymour that I had friends and neighbors all over the United States, and we kept in touch once a year by Christmas cards. Over the years I pared that down to about forty because of the advent of the Internet.  No need for yearly messages, I was writing e-mails to friends all the time.

Then Gary moved in bringing his family and friends.  Suddenly I was back to almost 60.  We pared a bit.  Last year there were 54 on our joint list.  Then Gary decided to send cards to all the friends we met during our camping trips.

I've ordered photos to enclose and will probably write the dreaded Christmas letter because I can't possibly hand write that many letters.

Add to this decorating and baking, at the same time I am working through the third draft of my novel and writing a short story.

It's way too much to cram in a day.

---------------
Keep going to Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com
Wade has a short short story this week, so it won't take much time to read.
Next week I begin my yearly seriously depressing Christmas stories for people who really don't like the holidays.  Believe it or not, they are usually humorous.







No comments:

Post a Comment