Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day Off

After the past two days, I needed a day off.

I can't go far until the bleeding problem is solved, so I only went downtown to buy a couple of minute steaks to build up my blood again.

Then I sat down for a good bit of depression.  There is no point in being upbeat, the tour is gone, the lovely Illinois autumn will not be mine.  I won't get to visit old friends.  I've prided myself as being reliable but first thing in the morning, I have to call every venue and tell them the bad news.  I don't like thinking about that.

Tomorrow I'll pull myself together and get on with things. I'll call the doctor and figure out what the problem is.  I'll take care of rearranging my money situation.  Since I'm not going south on Tuesday, I'll use that time to work on press releases and book signings for the new books.  I'll think about next summer's tour and go back to work on the novel.   The hours I would have spent driving will be turned toward literature.

Meanwhile, I sit with Rascal and listen him to him purr and read old mysteries.  I eat chocolate and drink herbal tea.  I keep tissues and the nose clip the ER provided close at hand to be on the safe side.

Yes, I will recover and even turn the time to profit, but today I have every right to feel sorry for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment