Monday, October 8, 2012

Feeling More Secure

Gary was planning on packing up his campsite and coming home tomorrow, so I was surprised to see him today.  He said I seemed a little fragile and he thought he better hurry home.

He was right.  I usually work in my fuzzy bathrobe until almost noon. That's how I write and I point out to people that come to the door that the minute I put on jeans and a sweatshirt, I'm done working for the day.

But since I kept thinking I could be back in the emergency room at any time, I dressed up as soon as I woke up, looking for old clothes that I could throw out if they got too covered in blood. That is not exactly a good thought to start a day with but so far I've thrown out two shirts since the nosebleeds started.  

On Saturday, the doctor told me not to blow my nose and not to sneeze.  That is crazy.  The only way to ward off a sneeze is to blow your nose.   So all day long, I kept gently wiping my nose.  Even being careful, by 9:45 there was a big KERCHEW!!! I dabbed at my nose and was so relieved not to see any red on the tissue.

Now that Gary is here I feel more secure, knowing that if something happens, he will be there to apply ice, help me find a nose clip, provide me with tissue, and if need be, run me to the ER.

Getting old is much easier when you have someone to share such experiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment