Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Misery Likes Readers

My, I had a lot of readers visiting this blog since I wrote about my bloody nose, twice as many as usual.  What a bunch of bloodthirsty people you are!

It was a miserable time for me these past two days.  The packing put in my nose meant chewing was difficult, especially with the sore throat that came from swallowing clots of gore. I found that all I had around the house that went down easily was oatmeal, yogurt and soup. They grow old soon. Drinking from cup or glass wasn't a piece of cake either with dribbles down my shirts with every attempt.

I was told not to blow my nose but I had come down with a cold to to add to the fun.  All I had in my medical supplies was aspirin, which is a blood thinner, the last thing I needed to take.  Last night I found a very old bottle of Tylenol PM in a cabinet.  I took two and was able to get to sleep.  The doctor told me not to blow my nose for ten days, so all I could do was dab at whatever came out of my nostrils.  My eyes were all weepy, too.

This afternoon, the nurse practitioner removed the packing and I could once more breathe. I got some loratadine tablets and the endless dripping stopped.  I felt like myself again.  I was able to work at my desk with only a couple of short naps.  I am still weak but my blood count is getting better.

The biggest relief is that I will be able to give my talk "Outrageous Older Woman Travels" at the Muehl Public Library on Friday at noon. If the packing had failed, I wouldn't have been able to make it.

I am putting off joining Gary at the Lake Ottawa campground until Saturday so I can get caught up around here.

I was able to stop at the library just in time for the arrival of Colette Bezio's book, The Witches of Castle Crabapple.  I was her second customer.  She autographed the book which she self-published.  In another week or so it will be a Kindle e-book and I suppose after that it will be available on Nook.  We'll have to have a book signing soon.

Times change and with it the book publishing world.  Wade and I will be doing a day of editing in September as we gather our Black Coffee Fiction short stories together. Like Colette, we'll publish both a paper edition along with the e-book.

Today, I got an e-mail from William Meyer, a friend of Chris's.  His book Fire on the Mound is coming out as a pod cast at http://www.fireonthemound.com  A new episode will appear every Monday.

No agents, no editors, no publishers involved.





No comments:

Post a Comment