Friday, August 17, 2012

A Good Walk

Today, I was working with a cold and a nose I can't blow for the next ten days. With a foggy mind, I tried to  finish changing my finances from one bank to another.  It is not going well. I want to go to the Upper Peninsula tomorrow to join Gary and everything has to be completed before I can go.  I managed to clear out the safe deposit box and get my automatic insurance payment done.  I still have utilities to get through.

Last night, I told Gary I would be making soup, using tomatoes, okra, beans, zucchini and onions from the garden.  Today, he called me with instructions on additions.  He wanted cabbage and hamburger added in with paprika, not part of my recipe.  I fully realize that if the soup doesn't turn out, he will refuse to eat it but this cheapskate will eat it anyway.  We are talking about a gallon of soup here.   

I gave a talk at the Seymour library for which I was rewarded with one dark chocolate candy bar.  There were only four in the audience and two were senior citizens who thought I should give the talk at the senior center...which would be another freebie.

This is why I go on tour.  The farther I go from home, the better the pay.  

I came home to a phone call from the Pro Life Association who wanted a donation.  I told the woman to do certain things that could result in a pregnancy.   My mood was not improved.   

Finally I decided a walk was in order.  I walked back to the library to drop a book off in the drop box.  Next I stopped to talk to Dan, our city's wonderful handyman, to compare our latest bird findings.  At the BP, I kvetched with the cashier, talking about men, money and flowers.

At a neighbors' house, I heard about her trip with her husband and three active boys and the cost of motels.  We talked about taking a tent on next summer's trip.  I think she should take two tents, one for the boys and the other for the parents. 

By the time I came home, I had vented and gotten some exercise.  

There are few things as rewarding as a good walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment