Monday, June 25, 2012

God's Will

When Chris was little, we didn't go out to eat much, not even to fast food places. We didn't have that kind of money. The exception was for frozen custard at Storheim's and then only if the flavor of the day listed on their sign was so good I couldn't resist it.  I would tell Chris it was "God's Will."  My favorite was chocolate fudge almond, though a caramel pecan flavor was a close second and merited the Deity's blessing.  As soon as he could read, Chris looked for those signs.  

Once I was driving Chris and some of his friends to Green Bay for some event when he suddenly began shouting, "It's God's will, it's God's will!"  I bet his friends thought he was having a seizure...or a vision from above.  No, the flavor of the day was chocolate fudge almond.

Last week, Gary and I had to go to DePere shopping.  Across the road there was a Culver's, another frozen custard restaurant.  We couldn't see what the flavor of the day was because the sign was blocked by a truck, so I had to walk over to find out.  It was indeed God's will, my favorite.  I got a big cone and the day being hot, custard dribbled all over my shirt, arms and hands so there was no way of hiding it from Gary when we met in the store. It was worth it.

Tomorrow, we have to go back for more hardware.  I could stay home and work in the garden, but I checked Culver's on line menu and found out that flavor of the day will be turtle delight.  If that isn't a directive from heaven, I know know what is.  

It is so useful when God's will and my will coincide.  

1 comment:

  1. I like how you think, Colleen. You would fit right in with my family!

    I had a friend who worked at Storheim's - we called her the Custard Queen - and on occasion she would pack me a pint of vanilla custard and throw in some hot fudge and pecans. De-lish!

    ReplyDelete