Thursday, May 10, 2012

Physical

I had my yearly physical this morning.  I seem to be healthy though the blood work won't be done until tomorrow.  I don't expect any surprises.

I am supposed to get a mammogram, but I am putting that off until the end of camping season and start having it yearly during the winter. I had to return from a camping trip for this physical and I didn't like it.  I'd rather do maintenance when nothing else is going on.

What surprised me is that I am now 5 feet 7 inches tall.  I was 5'9" all through high school and up until a year ago I had only lost an inch in height.  I must now accept that age is shrinking me.

Getting shorter doesn't bother me except for one thing.  When I was tall, I could figure my ideal height was somewhere around 145 pounds. I was thinking I should lose thirty pounds.   Now that I am two inches shorter, I figure it's more like 135 pounds, and I'll have to lose forty pounds to get to my ideal weight.

During his physical, Gary found out his bad cholesterol was high and his good cholesterol was low.  He had high blood sugar, too.  He is counting calories now.  

Time for both of us to get serious about losing weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment