Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Home Again

Yesterday, I was busy with my friend Norma.

Today, I cleaned, practiced at church, walked a bit, and took a three hour nap. Tomorrow, I thought, I will spend the entire day with writing projects.

Gary called me about 6:00 pm.

"I decided to come home tonight," he said.  It had been too cold and windy to do any work for his aunt in Dixon, Illinois so there was no point in staying.  I could hear him coughing, too.  He still had his cold.

I immediately wondered about staying up to welcome him. I could spend that time writing.

"When will you get here?"

"In ten minutes," he said.  "I'm just going past Krabbe's."  That's a supper club south of Seymour.

Surprise!

So here he is, coughing and sneezing, and getting ready for bed.

Here I am writing my blog.  So much for making plans.

I think I'll get up early tomorrow and work on my novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment