Thursday, January 26, 2012

Habits

A few nights ago, son Chris wanted to talk to me about plans for the weekend but realized it was getting late, approaching 10:00.  He told Tisha it was too late, I probably was in bed.

"Just a minute," she said and sat down at her computer. A few minutes later she told him, "She's still up."

No, she didn't send me an instant message or check Facebook.  She looked at this blog to see if I had posted yet, as I do every night.  It is usually the last thing I do each night.

He called me and we made arrangements, but after he told me about Tisha's computer check, I began wondering, am I that predictable?

I think of myself as a free wheeling individual, who flies from one thing to another with no real order to my life, but now I began to wonder what other habits I have. I decided to change things around a bit.  I would walk earlier in the day, spend time working in the afternoon instead.  I would post on this blog at noon.

It didn't work.  I found out that the reason for habits is that they work very well indeed.  So here I am, still posting late at night.  You see, I know that Tisha checks the blog last thing at night.   How could I change?

No comments:

Post a Comment