Wednesday, January 25, 2012

From the Netherlands

This week this blog had 310 “hits” from around the world:

177 from the United States
99 from the Netherlands
12 from Russia
8 from Germany
4 from the United Kingdom
3 from Canada
2 from Australia
2 from Indonesia
2 from India
1 from France

I understand the 177 from the United States but seventy five percent of my readers come from outside the US borders. People in Germany and Russia often check in. I know I have friends in the UK, Australia and France. I also have one friend in the Netherlands, but I doubt he has read my blog 99 times in a week.

So why are people in the Netherlands suddenly reading my words? The last time I was in Amsterdam was in 1968. I was there with my sister for three days. Every day we went to a two story bakery near the center of the city and gorged on the best pastries I've eaten anywhere. As we drank our tea, my sister and I enjoyed watching the people. It was a happy memory.

Is that bakery still there? Would my readers in Amsterdam let me know?

Some day, I would like to return to the Netherlands for a longer stay. I want to enjoy the pastries again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment