Monday, October 24, 2011

Who Are You Guys?

Each evening, before I write these posts, I check the statistics to find out who has been looking at the blog. The Blogspot system tells me the nationalities.  Lately, I've had more foreign readers than Americans.  I wonder who they are.

For a while this summer, fifteen German readers at a time would be on line looking at my scribbling.  Gary thought they might be American servicemen, but would they all be reading the blog at the same time?  I thought it more likely a class learning English.

These days, I am getting a block of about twenty readers from the United Kingdom. The UK includes England, Scotland, Wales and Cornwall, so the readers could be from any of them. Tonight, I began to wonder who they could be. I often let my imagination run amok..

My UK readers could somehow be the doing of the Crisps of Burnham-on-Crouch.  Nancy has been my penpal since the days before computers.  Ian has a radio show in Maldon, Essex at http://www.saintfm.org.uk/ at a local school.  Did he talk about my blog on his show?  Or are the students at the school the culprits who are checking in on my adventures?

I watch many British programs on public television, many of them mysteries and crime shows.  I write this blog every evening without fail. I began to think that Interpol or MI-5 might be watching me, thinking I am a terrorist, giving hidden messages as I write about tomatoes, birds, and Rascal the cat.  But that would be letting my imagination run to paranoia.

As my mind wandered even farther as I took my evening walk, I decided that the Royal Family had undertaken to follow the adventures. Perhaps I was discovered by Her Majesty who told all her children and grandchildren to read me each day.   If so, good evening, Your Majesty!  Good evening, Princesses and Princesses, Dukes and Duchesses.

Whoever you are, welcome to my life.

Comments anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment