Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Inventory

This morning, I started taking inventory for insurance purposes.  I do this every five years but now that Gary and I are living together, we need to make a record.

I don't write down ever item, I'm not that obsessive.  It is much simpler using a digital camera to photograph each room and its contents.

I began with an upstairs bedroom.  It's easy enough to pull open a drawer and snap a picture of the sweaters.


This is an old farmhouse that was moved into Seymour at the end of the 1940s. Nothing fancy here but it is well insulated and warm. I've never had enough money to decorate the entire house properly.  I would like to get rid of that awful paneling in this room, put in sheet rock and paint the it a nice shade of ivory. Maybe next year.

Still, it is a comfortable room.  From the bed, I can watch television or look at the family photos.

It is a room that Rascal likes, too.  When I go to bed, he goes with me.  His purr is the last thing I hear at night. 

I'll put all the photos on a CD that goes into the bank vault. The whole process will take only a week. I'll write about the other rooms as I go along.



No comments:

Post a Comment