Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Inventory - My Office

Today I inventoried my office, photographing everything in it.

I am very fond of this room and spend most of my day here. It is here I write my novels and short stories and work on storytelling tours. The lighting is exactly right. The chair is comfortable. There's a window that looks out on my garden in the summer and bird feeders in the winter.  My books and CDs are right where I can reach them. There are photos of friends and family.

This is a business office, but it is also a sanctuary.
Rascal has a bed to the left of my computer and is often curled up as I work.

As I took my photographs, I began to realize how messy the room has gotten.  It is time to throw out old computer programs, clear the bulletin board, and discard cassette tapes.  Does anyone listen to those any more?

And why do I have that television in here? I probably would get more done in the evenings if I didn't watch it. But then, that's when I send out e-mail queries and those don't require much attention.


One of the great advantages of my office is that it is adjacent to the kitchen.  I can lean back in my chair and see how things on the stove are doing.  

One of the great disadvantages of my office is that it is adjacent to the kitchen.  As I type this, I can smell the banana muffins in the oven and know that once again, I will be eating too much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment