Monday, September 19, 2011

Shopping

I haven't been home much this summer.  While I was gone, things have been happening in my home town.

The new ShopKo chain store opened in Seymour today.  I went over to investigate but didn't find much to buy since there is nothing I need at the moment. Still, I am glad it is here for the few things I've had to get in the big city, sixteen miles away.

I can now get printer cartridges.  Before, I had to get in the car and drive to Walmart or an office supply place whenever I had a writing emergency.  Now those cartridges are a few blocks away.  ShopKo carries the shoes I  like and surprise of surprises, my favorite cappuccino mix is there, too, at a better price than I've seen before.

Downtown, I noticed some activity at Cheezy Jim's pizzaria which had closed when Jim died last summer.  I heard it was to be turned into a Chinese restaurant, but nothing had happened since early spring.  Today, I called over to the workmen who were installing a new side door.  The two were Chinese and spoke broken English, but they managed to communicate that the restaurant will open in a month.  I'm salivating already.

Another new addition to the community is a senior residency complex.  These apartments are open to those 55 and older.  Just across the street is an assisted living facility and just beyond that is the nursing home. One of my choir members moved into a senior residence apartment this week.  She'll still have a car and should be back singing in the choir once she's established.  

I wonder what else I missed while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment