Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Touring with Heather and Jacynth

Jacynth and Heather wanted to get an early start because they were to meet somewhere before tonight's concert.  I am only the driver so had no idea where we were going.  We wound up in the countryside south of the little town of Gresham, to meet up with Susan, the Presbyterian pastor who had them do a church service three years ago.  We weren't doing a concert there this year but she still wanted to visit with them.

The family lives in an old log cabin that was moved onto the site log by log.  The interior was completely renovated in a most innovative way.  I wrote for Log Home Design Ideas for seven years and though I've seen many homes, I don't believe I've ever seen a house as charming.  We ate a dinner off a plank table and drank our tea off a wide variety of pottery. The stone fireplace was picture perfect and the wooden floors gleamed.  Tall windows looked out at the snow covered hills.

We talked about Wisconsin politics and reminisced about our good times in the United Kingdom.  We are all world travelers, it seems.

Her husband, Simon Levin, is a world class potter who took us around to see the kilns, his workshops, and his gallery.  We met his three apprentices, each of whom will go out in the world to create more beauty. I couldn't help myself and bought a mug for my morning cappuccino. It will remind me of a pleasant afternoon with pleasant people.

Tonight, we're at the Shawano Public Library.  As they perform before a sizable crowd,  I'm catching up on some of my writing projects.  In another half hour, I'll be back handling the "float" or change as I sell their CDs.

I wonder what adventures we'll have next.

No comments:

Post a Comment