Saturday, March 12, 2011

Taking Action (corrected)

I went to the library this afternoon and talked to the librarians who are worried about the budget bill proposed for the State of Wisconsin.  The Muehl Public Library could lose half its state funding.  One of the librarians could lose her job.  She doesn't make much money as it is and now this. 

I stopped at city hall and found bad news there, too.  Some of our men from the Department of Public Works could lose their jobs and to make the budget work, we'll probably limit garbage collection and other services.  Recycling could be discontinued, too. 

When I got home I thought about it and decided to finally take action.  I have to drive Heather and Jacynth around on Sunday after church, but tomorrow is mine to do with as I like.  I called around and found out there's a bus leaving for Madison at 9:00 a.m.  I placed my reservation.  Tomorrow I will be demonstrating with the likes of Jim Hightower and Tony Shaloub (Monk) and a parade of farmers in their tractors. 

Librarians and school teachers are heroes and should not be denigrated the way they have been by the Fox broadcasters and people that should know better.  There will be 100,000 of us letting those hard working public servants know how much we love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment