Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting

I'm at Mitchell Field in Milwaukee, waiting for a flight from Newark to pick up Jacynth and Heather.  I made a point of coming early to avoid the rush hour traffic but now I have two hours to wait.  They will arrive at 4:20 but even then we'll slow things down since I don't want to go back on to the highway until 5:30 at least.  Even then it will be a rush.  I may just treat them to a meal here at the airport, as expensive as that would be.

From here I drive them to Green Bay where they will be staying for the next three weeks.  Years ago, they stayed with me but since Gary moved in with me, I don't have a spare bedroom, only a very uncomfortable fold out couch. I'll miss having them singing around the place, but I would miss Gary more if he weren't there.

By the time I settle them in it will be very late before I get home tonight.

Until they arrive, I will people watch and make notes for some possible short story in the future.

I am delighted to find an open wireless network to connect to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment