Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another snow day

The weather forecast was good.

Why do we ever listen to weather forecasts!

Sister Annice was originally going to take Heather and Jacynth to their workshop and church service in Oshkosh, but she had a chance to go to Madison to protest.  (She forgot to take her sign "Franciscans for Justice.")  So it was up to me to drive the duo from Green Bay to Oshkosh.  The roads were good, no problem, but the first snowflakes began to fall as I helped unload their gear into the church.

I went off to do some shopping at Fleet Farm for Gary.  By the time I came out, the snow was steadily falling and I hied myself back to St. Andrew's.   I listened to them give a great workshop and teach choir members some a cappella pieces that Jacynth had arranged.  Then there was the church service.It was deeply meaningful with lovely singing and candles, but my mind was on the weather.  By the time the reception was over, the snow was blowing and falling.  I drove back to Green Bay at 40 mph, white knuckles on the steering wheel all the way.

Now we are at Sister Annice's apartment.  From what we've heard, the 100,000 people demonstrating in Madison chanted in snow and cold. Considering the conditions, we are not sure her bus will bring her back to her apartment.  Since Jacynth and Heather are performing at the Methodist Church in Seymour tomorrow morning, it makes sense to me to stay right here so that Sister Annice won't have to do that after a hard day protesting our increasingly unpopular Governor Walker.

So here I am and it looks like here I will stay, once again without proper night time clothes. That seems to be the story of this tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment