Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valiant Struggle

It's still 41 days until spring.  I fight Seasonal Affective Disorder with all my might, with light and exercise the key.  The best thing is to take long walks in the sunshine, but sunshine in the winter is usually accompanied by bitter cold made worse by wind and today is no exception.

I spent almost an hour at the swimming pool doing laps and followed that with a long walk in the high school halls.  The administration opens the school to walkers in the worst weather.  We have no big mall in Seymour so that is the only option we have.

Still, I am likely to get either cranky or teary these days and Gary avoids me during the worst episodes.  He told me that if I didn't make it, my obituary would read: "Colleen was laid to rest after a valiant struggle with February."

No comments:

Post a Comment