Sunday, February 13, 2011

Singing about Love

After church, the combined Cicero and Seymour United Methodist choirs had a soup lunch at church, followed by an hour long practice and then it was off to the Good Shepherd Home for a 45 minute concert.  We had discussed Christmas caroling at one time, but nursing homes are deluged with carolers of all ages in December then are forgotten in January and February.  Instead we did a "hymn" carol of old favorites that the residents could sing, too.  I played the piano and directed.  The piano bench was too low and I wished I had a pillow to prop my bottom up.  

Because the members of my choir are aging, I let them sit down a couple of times while I sang a couple of love songs while playing the autoharp.

The whole event went over well, so I think we will do the same thing next year.

The next big event to plan for will be our Easter service.

No comments:

Post a Comment