Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Friendship Week results

Last night, grandson Evan Skyped me from Appleton with the results of Friendship Week in his kindergarten class.  I knew I had asked friends and readers from around the world to send cards, postcards or e-mails, but I don't know that I expected much of a response.

I still don't know everyone who sent Evan a missive, because he was waving the pieces of paper around so wildly, Skype often only showed a blur, but I know that he heard from friends from New Zealand, Australia and England.  Other cards came from Florida, Kentucky, California, and Illinois.

Each had something interesting to tell the class.  Will, out in Hollywood, is a film maker.  John and Carol, in Kentucky, live in a round house made out of a grain bin, near Lincoln's birthplace.  Sue in Australia sent photos of her children and grandchildren, all of whom had survived the Brisbane floods.   From New Zealand, Liz sent pictures of her darling papillon puppies. My oldest and dearest friend, Norma, sent a card from Illinois.  Does Evan realize we've been friends for over fifty years?

I learned that people I hadn't talked to in years are reading this blog.  It looks like some lunch meetings are in order to play catch up.

Over the weekend, I'll finally get a good look at all the letters and give a final rundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment