Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yoga

I do yoga practice at a local facility twice a week.   I am not terribly proficient.  I struggle with the balance postures, and the lotus position is beyond me, but I persevere.  I remind myself that this is yoga "practice" not a performance and ignore the lithe younger women beside me.

My daily practices at home are shorter but still beneficial.  I insert a CD with waves crashing against a shore somewhere, or perhaps monks chanting in Latin, and for half an hour am lost somewhere inside myself.

My yoga mat comes with me on my travels.  At the end of each day, I find myself in a national forest.  Sitting under tall pines on a bluff overlooking a lake, I can meditate the day's stress away and stretch out muscles sore from driving.   There is peace above me (the sky), peace below me (the lake) and peace all around me (the forest).  They bring peace to my mind, body and spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment