Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas calories

On the first hour of Christmas, my kitchen called to me for a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Dairy products contain calcium which I need for strong bones.)

On the second hour of Christmas, my kitchen called to me for a double Irish Cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Caffeine will give me energy for the day ahead.)

On the third hour of Christmas, my kitchen called to me for three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish Cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese.
(Walnuts and chocolate may decrease the chance of heart disease, according the USDA.)

On the fourth hour of Christmas, my kitchen called to me for four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Chex mix adds fiber to my diet.)

On the fifth hour of Christmas my kitchen called to me for five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Using lots of butter helps the dairy industry.)

On the six hour of Christmas my kitchen called to me for six ounces of apple cider, five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (I was slowing down, but soon got my second wind...or had a second wind.)

On the seventh hour of Christmas my kitchen called to me for seven handfuls of corn tortilla chips with guacamole dip, six ounces of apple cider, five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (A serving of corn tortilla chips has 79 milligrams (mg) of sodium, or 3 percent of the DV for sodium. It also has 7 percent of the DV for phosphorus and 6 percent of the DV for magnesium. Additional vitamins and minerals in corn tortilla chips include 3 percent of the DV for thiamin, vitamin B6, calcium, zinc and selenium...but who cares?)

On the eighth hour of Christmas my kitchen called to me for eight snickerdooles, seven handfuls of corn chips with guacamole dip, six ounces of apple cider, five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (250 calories in each snickerdoodle, but I'll think about that tomorrow.)

On the ninth hour of Christmas my kitchen called to me for nine scoops of chocolate ice cream, eight snickerdoodles, seven handfuls of corn chips with guacamole dip, six ounces of apple cider, five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Dairy product, see first and fifth day.)

On the tenth hour of Christmas, my kitchen called to me for ten peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies, nine scoops of chocolate ice cream, eight snickerdoodles, seven handfuls of corn chips with guacamole dip, six ounces of apple cider, five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Peanut butter has protein.)

On the eleventh hour of Christmas, my kitchen called to me for eleven blueberry scones reheated in the microwave, ten peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies, nine scoops of chocolate ice cream, eight snickerdoodles, seven handfuls of corn chips with guacamole dip, six ounces of apple cider, five Christmas cookies, four cups of Chex mix, three cherry walnut fudge brownies, a double Irish cream cappuccino topped with whipped cream, and a bagel slathered in cream cheese. (Blueberries are no. 1 in antioxident effects, according to the USDA, so I will be very healthy...tomorrow.)

On the twelve hour of Christmas, my bed called to me, so I had a twelve ounce mug of hot chocolate (see dairy products) and was thankful winter days are short.    

No comments:

Post a Comment