Monday, December 20, 2010

Thinking Ahead

The summer reading program won't begin until mid-June, but I am working on the itinerary now.   Today, I'm nailing down the addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and directions for each library.  In some cases, I have to go back to the librarians to clarify the times of the performances.

Next comes figuring out the mileage between the performances and the time it will take.  This means going back to the paper maps and checking mapquest.

Finally, I need to locate campgrounds along the entire route.  In some cases, I will have to reserve sites ahead of time.  That should be done in early January.

As we prepare for the long night of the winter solstice, it is pleasant to think of long summer days.  We wanted to watch the lunar eclipse and the Uriad meteor showers tonight but it seems that Northeast Wisconsin is to be hit with yet another snowstorm.  I guess we will watch NASA's live stream of the event at http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/watchtheskies/index.html

As of tomorrow, the days will get longer.  Equinox, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment