Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas Memories - 5

After we moved back to Seymour, my parents lived three blocks away from us on High Street.  There were Christmas ornaments there, too, and in time some of these came my way.

This red bird was on the tree when we lived on the farm on French Road.  It came along with my parents when they moved to Seymour.

Soon after that the clip that held the bird to the tree went missing and my mother decided to throw it away. I salvaged it. Gary found a clip and the red bird found a place on my tree.  It's been here ever since.

Not on a tree, this Japanese lamp hung in our farm kitchen each Christmas as long as I could remember. On Christmas Eve we lit a candle but kept a close eye on it.  It really wasn't all that safe.
Chipped and worn paint, but it is still on my wall.  On Christmas Eve, my grandson helps put little electronic LED candles in all my candle holders upstairs and down and on this one as well.  Modern technology has given this ornament new life.  Is it beautiful?  No.  But the memories are.

***
A good book sale at Sissy's today.  I am down to one copy of The Glen Valley Compact.   My theory is that the local people are buying it to see if they are in it ... and who was killed.  Susan Manzke is in the middle of it and says she knows who the murderer is. We'll see about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment