Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas is Coming

Today I took my Christmas cards to the post office.  At the same time, I collected the mail that had been held while we were in Illinois.  Along with bills, flyers and offers, there was a single Christmas card and we're off and running toward December 25.

Gary got the Christmas tree up. It isn't a real tree. A few years ago I discovered that the reason I had laryngitis every December was that I was allergic to the mold on the trees we brought into the house. Now I have a fake tree, though a good one. Together Gary and I wound the lights around it.  As usual, the lights worked when we tested them but once strung, sure enough some went out once on the tree. We persevered and tonight the tree is lit.


Tomorrow I'll add the decorations.  That task will take most of tomorrow as I go through all the ornaments I've collected over sixty years, from the little gold bulb given to me by my grandmother when I was perhaps eight years old to the things made for me by my grandson. Some of them were made by crafters.  Some I made myself.

Tomorrow I'll take another photo of that tree when it is completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment