Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

No big family party today. Instead, Gary and I are going to a dinner buffet at a Dixon, Illinois supper club. It is much simpler this way. As we grow older, fuss and bother are too much for us. We simplify each holiday now.

Gary found an 18 inch Christmas tree somewhere in the farmhouse, something that had been stored away for years. Wonder of wonders, the lights still work. He bought a couple of electronic candles for the front windows, too. Odd how happy the tree and the candles have made me this week. It is the season of darkness and every bit of light helps.

Later I'll take a turkey induced nap as Gary watches some football game. Then I will go back to working on the collection of depressing Christmas stories.

Will this post go out today? Will there be computer access anywhere on Thanksgiving? And will I manage one tomorrow? I avoid Black Friday.

So dear readers, spend these holidays as you wish, be it extravagant or simple. Take time to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment