Saturday, November 30, 2013

Home for Christmas

One last task before we left.  Every morning while we were there, Gary went across the road to the barn to break the ice in the water tank for the cows who congregated every morning after an evening spent in the creek pasture.
The farmer's father did the same thing but it was cold and the tank kept icing over. Twice a day was better for the cattle. This was the last weekend that the ice had to be cracked.  On Monday, the cows will be hauled away to winter quarters.

We made it back home around 3:00 pm.  We pronounced Thanksgiving over and started thinking about Christmas.  I had a head start with the string of colored lights in my office. They were left over from last Christmas.  I had forgotten all about them. Now they are lit up along the top shelf above my computer monitor, looking festive.

One of the advantages to not being a good housekeeper, I guess.

Tomorrow Gary plans on putting up a Christmas tree.  Last year, he was in Illinois during the Christmas season so I put the tree up myself and then took it down in January. It will be much nicer to do that together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment