Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chapters 11 and 12 - Writing the Mystery Novel

Chapters 11 and 12 of the Glen Valley Compact were probably the most difficult so far.  It is at this point that the list of suspects narrows down.  At this point, I expect some of my readers will figure it out, but will they be right?

There is the possibility of romance. Even the latest murder victim had her moments, it seems.

There are surprises, things I never expected when I started to write but that is always the way it is when characters.  

I am going to make a concerted effort to finish the third draft by tomorrow night.  Then it's a matter of putting the book in the right format, checking spelling and grammar, and designing a cover.  

***
Today, amazon.com finally was able to get our second e-book collection of Black Coffee Fiction on their lists.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Coffee-Fiction-More-Caffeine-ebook/dp/B00FPOTA1G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382833271&sr=8-2&keywords=black+coffee+fiction

Almost immediately a friend bought an e-book copy of Volume 2.  Three copies were sold at Smashwords.com so far that I know of.  If we sell a few more copies we'll have some kind of royalty check in December.  Wade reports that we are going to have royalty payments from our work at the end of this month and I have another due about November 5.  Suddenly, our words are making us a little money.

So it's back to work on the mystery. I now see the possibility of making a small living at my craft.




No comments:

Post a Comment