Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday Report

I spent the entire morning working on the Canada tour itinerary, figuring out campgrounds, mileage, and straightening out times and dates. All that's left to do is print out maps to the libraries and senior centers. 

It was supposed to rain on and off today but it turned out to be pleasant enough that we could finally get in the garden. The poppies and irises are done but now it's roses, peonies, multiflora rose, and yellow loosestrife on the north side. 

The peonies are on the Dorns' side of the property line but Gary and I take care of them. Today we tied them up because they were getting top heavy.  

The sweet smelling pink roses, also belonging to the Dorns, are in full bloom. 

It's taken years to get this hosta bed to fill in but I think it's finally there. 

We have a long way to go. The weeds took over while we were camping.  I have a little over two weeks to get them cleaned up. Then when I get back from Canada I'll have to start again.

The good news is that the tomato plants I started in February are already producing. These cherry tomatoes should be ready to eat in a week or two. 

The bunnies wiped out the peas but on Tuesday we'll get more at the farmers market. Weather permitting I'll be there with my screen tent to sell the books of local authors...including my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment