Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pain

I'm walking more these days, averaging three miles a day.  I thought I would walk four miles today and had already done three when a storm rolled in with high winds and about an inch of rain. When it was over, arthritis rolled in, too.

My knees have given me some trouble over the years, but once I start walking, I am usually fine if I take the one aspirin a day we senior citizens are required to take for their hearts.....just before I set off. That way the aspirin does double duty. Tonight, that didn't do the trick.  

I started off but within a block I knew my knees weren't going to make it.  Even my feet and my hands were aching.  I went back home to apply muscle rub to every part of me that hurts.

It's a part of aging that I mostly accept, but tonight I resent it.

As I type, Gary is packing his gear to go back to Illinois.  There are still decisions to be made about the estate, repairs to be done on the farmhouse, and brush clearing. He expects to be there a week. I'll catch up on writing and cleaning while he is gone, and let my body heal.

Or maybe I'll be fine tomorrow.  Could go either way.




No comments:

Post a Comment