Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Itinerary - Canada

This afternoon I was at the Seymour Farmers Market selling my books. It costs $25 for a spot for the entire summer season. My tent cost me $1 at a rummage sale.  I sold $28 worth of books so I am already in the black by $2.00.  

---
Back to the Circle Tour itinerary. 

July 17.  After the Sault Ste Marie library performance, I'll check in at the Glen View campground for two nights. Gary and I were there last year and liked it.  Then we stayed in one of the bare bones cabins, but this time I may tent. Either way, there are good showers and wi fi.  

I'll be performing at a senior residence the next day, finishing late.  

On July 19, I'll drive to Lake Superior Provincial Park. This place tends to be a zoo, so I figure on going to the same place we were last year, Crescent Lake, which is so much like one of my Wisconsin lakes.  By then a little serenity will be in order. 

A day later, I'll be at Neys Provincial Park, a new one for me.  For a while, I thought I might be performing there.  The gig fell through but I still want to see the park, which is located a short distance from the Schreiber Public Library.  I performed there last year and I was asked back for a city celebration on July 21.

The next day I'll be at Kakabeka Provincial Park where I'll stay for two nights.  Last year, our tent was too big for any of the campsites available.  I doubt that will be a problem with my $19.95 two person tent.  

On July 23 and 24, I'll be at three senior residences in Thunder Bay, finishing at the Isabella Retirement Home at 3:00 pm.  I'll cash the final Canadian checks and head across the border to the United States to Cascade River State Park in Minnesota.

On July 25, I'll drive the four hours to Lake Wanoka in the Chequamagon National Forest.  That's in Wisconsin, so I'll be heading home soon. 

The next day I hope to have lunch with my brother Carl and his wife Sue before one last senior residence performance in Ashland.  My next stop may be at one of my favorite spots, Beaver Lake.

And the morning of July 27, I will do the longest drive of the trip, five hours, to return home. 

 I expect many changes, there always are.  

I calculate that I will drive approximately 1,300 miles, with gasoliine costing me $275.00.  I am figuring on average I will spend $30 per night on campgrounds for a total of $450.  Food will probably come to $50, though that really shouldn't be factored in much since I would eat anyhow. The total: $775.00

I will earn $850 by storytelling and perhaps will sell some books.  

That is my itinerary, but it is not written in stone.  I expect many changes, there always are.  



No comments:

Post a Comment