Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Map Time

I've been gardening all day, but still found time to walk three miles around town.  Those three miles brought me the center of Salzburg in Austria in my imaginary walk around the world.

For years I've been keeping track of the miles I make on my daily walks.  So far, I've walked 18,875 miles which has taken me from Seymour to the West Coast, up to Alaska where I crossed the Bering Strait to Siberia.  Up until the crossing I knew the areas I was traveling through, but I've never been to Siberia or any of the other countries I've walked through.

But once I came to Salzburg, I begin to go through areas I visited in 1968.  I am passing into Germany. My next stop will be Munich where I got a little snockered in a beer hall drinking with friends. The Germans were building a subway through the center of town.  Munich looked like it was still its post-war period. I was wearing a dark trench coat and a black beret and swept through the darkness pretending I was a spy.

My plan is to go through Stuttgart, Heidelberg, and then head to Paris. Paris will take me to London, London to Lands End, then I'll take a ship to the United States and work my way home.  I hope to finish my journey by the time I am 75.

* * * *

During our Skyping session this morning, Wade Peterson informed me that our anthology Black Coffee Fiction is now available at Smashwords, iTunes, and Kobo.  By the weekend it should be available at Barnes and Noble. It continues to be on sale at Amazon.com

My novel Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises can be purchased at Amazon.com and Create Space.

And my anthology of short stories Decades of Love and Other Disasters can be found at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com and Create Space.

We'll let you know as we arrange for more outlets for our books.




No comments:

Post a Comment