Sunday, March 31, 2013

Time to Say Goodbye

Rascal has not been his old self for some time and now he is going downhill fast.  He is losing weight.  About the only thing he wants to eat is the broth from my turkey noodle soup. Dry and canned cat food no longer interest him. He is arthritic. He no longer can go up and down steps without pain.

He is drinking copious amounts of water.  At his last visit, the veterinarian told me to watch his kitty litter.  When the clumps were smaller, he was fine, but now they are the size of a small platter. He likely has diabetes. If he were a younger cat, we would give him shots every day. At his age, it doesn't make sense to put him through all that.

Chris, Tisha, and Evan were here today for Easter and they agreed with me. The old cat is not the same as he was.  He is not enjoying life any more.

I called Gary.  He got all teary when I told him.  He loves our pets so much.

Tomorrow, I will call the veterinarian and he will go for his final visit. Until then he is getting as much lap time as he wants which is a lot.

Poor old guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment