Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This morning I stopped at the library and found Colette there with the poster for our book signing on November 14.  There will be four of us, Colette, Susan, Wade and me.

We authors compliment each other rather well.  Colette is the artist and designer who does the posters that I take around town and the notes that we leave on counter tops for those interested. 

As a new author, she caught the attention of the editor of the local newspaper who is doing a full sized article about her writing and illustrating for children. 

Susan writes a weekly column for both the Seymour paper and the Wisconsin State Farmer.  Her column will be about the book signing the week before our event.  More good publicity. 

Wade is the computer wizard that put Black Coffee Fiction together and does the logistics of publishing. 

My skill is getting the word out.  So far I've put our notice on twelve community calendars in newspapers and websites.  Our signing will be read on five radio stations and listed as events on five television stations. 

I have yet to write the lengthier press release that goes to the newspapers.  

Today I walked around the north part of town putting up posters.  I'll finish up on the south side tomorrow.

Then I'll start all over with our next book signing in Appleton.   

-----------------

Today, my other blog,  Black Coffee Fiction, hit 7,000 readers.  Pretty good for just over a year.  Check us out. http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com  In two days, I'll be posting my twenty-fifth story. 





No comments:

Post a Comment