Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rain and Cats

Today we had the rainstorms we wished for all summer, complete with thunder and lightening.

I got caught downtown at Don's Supermarket and was killing time while I waited for the rain to lessen, so I bought a lottery ticket...won...bought  another....won...bought another...won...bought another and finally lost.  None of them were very big winners but I was ahead $10 before the rain slowed down.  I was halfway home when another deluge hit and I came home totally soaked.

I toweled myself off and crawled into bed, turned the electric blanket on until the chill was gone and took a nap.

When I woke up, I remembered I was supposed to check on Elaine's cats while she's away over the weekend. Remember Mittens and Koala, who were supposed to go to new homes in July?  They're still here. I threw on my raincoat and walked over to the back door thinking I would just check on their water and food.

I opened the door and a blur of wet gray and white fur flew in beside me.  It was Mittens who had been outside.  He went right to the food dish and started scarfing down kibbles.  I changed the water then began to wonder...where was Koala?

I called all over the house.  No Siamese.  Darn.  I had a flashlight in my jacket so out in the rain I went again.  I checked under the deck.  I looked at all the boxes in the garage.  I even checked out my garage since he's been know to go in there.  Meanwhile, it was raining and I got all wet again.

I decided to wait half an hour and go back to take another look, but by then the student renter was back.  I hope that she either found Koala inside or let him in if he came crying. I realized the kibble bowl was empty when Mittens came in.  Surely that meant that Koala was in the house all along?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.  Just to be on the safe side, I'm leaving our garage door open and put a cat bed out there.  You never know.  






No comments:

Post a Comment