Thursday, October 4, 2012

Getting There

So far, Wade has been doing the heavy lifting on our joint book project.  He's the computer expert, a former engineer, so I figured I would leave the book to him. (That and I'm lazy.)  He has come through and with his perfectionism put Black Coffee Fiction into an e-book with pizazz.  I am doing the press releases which is a different skill.

Now we're working on the paper edition.  This week Wade did the galley, e-mailed it to me at Laura Lake and we both approved it.  Today we met at the Copper Rock North in Appleton to talk over the project.

All that remained was to design the cover.  The cover on the e-book had to be black and white so it would be easily readable on the older Kindles, but we wanted something more colorful for the paper edition.

We started looking through photos on the Internet that can be downloaded for a fee. We liked the idea of coffee beans but me, always a cheapskate, thought I could take the photo myself.  I went over to talk to the manager and his staff.  Yes, there were bags of coffee beans we could photograph, but why?

I explained what we were doing and they were soon on their i-phones checking out Amazon.com.  I told the manager we mentioned the Copper Rock North in our book....and found out his name was Ben, not Bill as we put in the book.  Wade quickly made the correction on the e-book and said the first e-books were now collectors' items.

We found the right photo and soon we'll have a copy on approval.  

Ben who used to be Bill says we can have a book signing at Copper Rock North.  We will probably do one in Seymour as well.  We figure some time in November.

Finally, Wade put a Black Coffee Fiction link on this book.  To order it, it is simply a matter of clicking and going directly to Amazon.com. Apparently, we get a few extra pennies per book for anyone that does that.

Once the book is done, and the PR well in hand, we'll work on finishing our novels.

There is always something to look forward to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment