Friday, October 5, 2012

Caim

Jacynth and Heather

Last night I was sitting in my office, writing down what I wanted to accomplish today.  I had just finished my list when I got a call from Heather Innes of Scotland who wasn't where I thought she should be but in Green Bay with her friend and singing partner Jacynth Hamill of Ireland.  Together, as Caim, the two a cappella singers are touring Canada and the United States.  I've known them for years, arranging their tours in Wisconsin and traveling with Heather in Scotland.  

Heather said they had a problem. They were staying with a woman in DePere but she had no computer access, didn't drive and was new to the area.  They had not a clue about getting from her house to their gig tonight at the Cup O Joy, a Christian music club.  Could I come and get them to their performance on time? 

So after writing my latest short story at Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com (murdering a banker in the most gruesome way) and posting it at 4:00 pm I was on my way.  

Mapquest sent me in the wrong direction, but in my usual way, I zen drove myself to the right place and delivered them to the Cup O Joy where they are tuning up.  Jeff Pockat the harpist is performing here as well so we had fun catching up on the folk music gossip.  

Jeff's wife would ordinarily be in charge of selling CDs and books for all three of them, but she wasn't here tonight, so Jacynth gave me the "float" which is what they call the vendor's change in Ireland and here I am at the table selling their merchandise, writing my blog and catching up on e-mail.  The performers come on in another ten minutes. 

None of this was on my list of things to do today.  People tell me they don't know how I come up with things to write about.  Easy, things to write about arrive every day, sometimes from Great Britain. 


For more information about Caim go to www.cluniemusic.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment