Thursday, September 13, 2012

Calendar

My goodness, it's the middle of September and I don't have my 2013 calendar.  How did that happen?

I usually get the next year's calendar in mid-August. That may seem early to some but over the next two or three months I'll be working on two storytelling tours, if not three.

In late January and early February, I will be touring the Deep South if all goes well.  I've never been in Mississippi, but to get there, I'll need to tell stories in other states, too. That's how I pay my way when I want to travel.

Next summer, I want to go the East Coast and if possible, tell stories in Delaware and Rhode Island, two other states I've somehow missed.   If there is time, I want to go back to Canada.  At every venue I performed in last summer, I received an invitation to come back in the summer of 2013.  

In between there will be local performances, family time, camping and work on short stories and novels.

All of that has to be fit together like one big old jigsaw puzzle.  That's where my calendar fits in.  

The one I am using in 2012 is a Workman Page-A-Day calendar.  Each page includes a notepad with enough room for my list of about 25 things I want to accomplish plus a sudoku puzzle that I finish at the end of each day.  I found it at Goodwill and haven't seen one at any of the local stores.  

It's the perfect calendar for me, none other will do.  I guess I will have to order one on line.




No comments:

Post a Comment