Friday, September 14, 2012

Alone Again

Gary left this morning for another camping trip.   He'll be at Lake Ottawa for the next two weeks, then will move on to Laura Lake, always our last campground of the year.

He called from the campground to tell me that with the cold (39 degrees F. tonight) autumn colors are starting to show.  My favorite time of year, but for the time being I am staying here in Seymour.  My friend Norma's mother is declining so I need to be here in case I'm needed. I do have to go to Laona to tell stories on Monday and I intended to continue on to Lake Ottawa, but we'll see. Sometimes plans have to change.

Today I went to Sissy's downtown to sit at one of the outside tables and test out the wi fi.  The idea is to show passersby that the system is available and sure enough, another woman pulled up in her car, grabbed her laptop and went into the restaurant to have lunch and catch up on her e-mail.  I'll be working there more in the future, both to draw in customers but also because for some reason, I can work well there.

I wrote the latest short story for Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com while I was sitting there.  Despite traffic and people stopping by to ask me what I was doing, I kept typing away and within an hour had a short story.  This makes me think about J.K. Rowling who wrote the Harry Potter series in a coffee shop.  Maybe changing my writing location from time to time will inspire me.

I posted the story, which rounds out our first year of writing weekly short stories.  Our first anniversary is next Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment